In international business, international air freight shipping is very important! International air freight could determine the success of your business; international freight needs to arrive on time and without damage. Whether you’re new to international air freight shipping or ship international air freight regularly it’s good to remember a few things about freight shipping internationally:
- These items must be shipped under a business; air freight companies will not ship personal items.
- Freight class is not necessary
- Packaging is important; your freight is being air freight shipped potentially a long distance the packaging needs to be secure but not too heavy since the weight of your freight is a factor in pricing. Your packing motto should be “pack efficiently with as little additional weight and space as possible, but not at the risk of causing damage to your shipment.”
What information will you need to get an international air freight quote?
- Where is you international air freight going?
- Door to door or airport to airport or any combination of those
- The airport name or the city it is located in
- The physical address if you are shipping directly to a business
- What are you shipping international air freight?
- What is the commodity?
- What is the value?
- How much does your international air freight shipment weigh?
- What are the dimensions of your international air freight shipment?
- What is the value of your international air freight shipment?
Please contact us if you would like to receive an international air freight quote.
LTL freight shipping to a tradeshow requires a lot of planning. The carrier generally has a very limited window for pick up or delivery to the tradeshow location and the drop off or pick up process is long because many trucks are moving in and out of a limited space. This extra time adds to the cost of the shipment, our goal is to minimize that increase. We have LTL freight shipped to several tradeshows and are able to use our experience to make LTL freight shipping to a tradeshow run as smoothly and inexpensively as possible.
How to make LTL freight shipping even easier:
- All LTL freight shipping to tradeshows is shipped at freight class 125.
- Have a contact name and phone number at the tradeshow and communicate with that contact throughout the LTL freight shipping process.
- Always give your LTL freight quote specialist any reference numbers, delivery information, and dock numbers you may have. It may seem like a lot of information but with trade show shipments the more information we have the more likely your LTL freight will arrive on time and hassle free.
- Book your shipment in advance! Book with us at least one day before pick-up and if your freight is going across the country add an extra day of transit time, in case something happens on the road. Or you can get a guaranteed LTL freight shipment .
- Give the carrier any required documentation for pick-up or delivery at the tradeshow. Always keep a copy of these documents for yourself.
- Properly package your LTL freight to avoid having damaged LTL freight arrive at the tradeshow.
I know you’re probably thinking “Tradeshows seem like a lot of work, is this really worth my time and money?” Well I think so! A trade show is a great way to network with other individuals in your industry, find new business, or learn about your competitors. Next time your business is considering a going to a tradeshow, contact one of our LTL freight quote specialists and we would be happy to help you.
There are many types of guaranteed LTL freight shipping; some carriers will guarantee delivery of your LTL freight by close of business on the day of delivery and others will even guarantee LTL freight delivery by a specific time.
What does guaranteed LTL freight shipping really mean?
Well, the name is a little misleading, guaranteed shipping does not mean the carrier is guaranteeing delivery. It means if the LTL freight shipment is not delivered within the agreed upon amount of time the carrier will waive all fees. If you are shipping something that is time sensitive leave yourself plenty of transit time, especially if it’s a cross country LTL freight haul.
Here are some additional ways to insure timely arrival of your LTL freight:
- Book your shipment at least one day before pick up. We can book pick-ups for the same day, but when it’s a time sensitive LTL freight shipment, its safest not to count on last a minute pick-up.
- Give yourself one day of wiggle room. If the carrier quotes a 4 day transit assume it will take 5 days to deliver your LTL freight. These transit times are generally accurate, but again if your LTL freight shipment is time sensitive its best to assume the worst.
- Of course, guarantee it. A carrier will do everything in their power to avoid working for free! And we will work to get you the lowest guaranteed LTL freight rates we can. When you are getting an LTL freight quote from a specialist just ask about guaranteed service!
For the most accurate LTL Freight quotes we just need to know 5 things:
1. Origin and destination zip codes
2. Your freight shipment’s weight (in pounds)
a. Conversion calculator
3. Your shipment’s dimensions (in inches)
4. The freight class of your shipment – This is used in the freight business to classify the density of your freight and/or risk involved in shipping your ltl freight. Since, the correct freight class is very important if you are unsure of your shipment’s class we can find it for you. All we need to know is what you are shipping!
5. Will you need and freight accessorials?
a. Are you shipping business to business?
b. Will you have a dock or a fork lift?