LTL freight shipping to a tradeshow requires a lot of planning. The carrier generally has a very limited window for pick up or delivery to the tradeshow location and the drop off or pick up process is long because many trucks are moving in and out of a limited space. This extra time adds to the cost of the shipment, our goal is to minimize that increase. We have LTL freight shipped to several tradeshows and are able to use our experience to make LTL freight shipping to a tradeshow run as smoothly and inexpensively as possible.
How to make LTL freight shipping even easier:
- All LTL freight shipping to tradeshows is shipped at freight class 125.
- Have a contact name and phone number at the tradeshow and communicate with that contact throughout the LTL freight shipping process.
- Always give your LTL freight quote specialist any reference numbers, delivery information, and dock numbers you may have. It may seem like a lot of information but with trade show shipments the more information we have the more likely your LTL freight will arrive on time and hassle free.
- Book your shipment in advance! Book with us at least one day before pick-up and if your freight is going across the country add an extra day of transit time, in case something happens on the road. Or you can get a guaranteed LTL freight shipment .
- Give the carrier any required documentation for pick-up or delivery at the tradeshow. Always keep a copy of these documents for yourself.
- Properly package your LTL freight to avoid having damaged LTL freight arrive at the tradeshow.
I know you’re probably thinking “Tradeshows seem like a lot of work, is this really worth my time and money?” Well I think so! A trade show is a great way to network with other individuals in your industry, find new business, or learn about your competitors. Next time your business is considering a going to a tradeshow, contact one of our LTL freight quote specialists and we would be happy to help you.