One of the most commonly LTL freight shipped items is used electronics. People ship used electronics for repair, resale or storage. Many times when people LTL freight ship used electronics they put many different types of used electronics on a single pallet. With new electronics this sometimes causes a problem, however with used electronics it’s no big deal! Most used electronics are LTL freight class 92.5 which makes shipping an assorted variety of electronics much easier and less expensive for our LTL freight shippers.
Things to know when getting an LTL freight quote when shipping used electronics:
- Know the weight and dimensions of your LTL freight shipment
- The value of the used electronics you are LTL freight shipping
When packaging used electronics, make sure they are protected and securely fastened on a pallet. Remember that LTL freight will be moved on and off several trucks and it is important that even used electronics are properly packaged when they are being moved like this.
Just because you are shipping something used, don’t neglect to insure it! Most carriers include some insurance in the cost of transportation, but it’s worth confirming how much you are covered. If your freight isn’t covered to the extent that you need coverage we can offer you third party insurance.
There are many types of guaranteed LTL freight shipping; some carriers will guarantee delivery of your LTL freight by close of business on the day of delivery and others will even guarantee LTL freight delivery by a specific time.
What does guaranteed LTL freight shipping really mean?
Well, the name is a little misleading, guaranteed shipping does not mean the carrier is guaranteeing delivery. It means if the LTL freight shipment is not delivered within the agreed upon amount of time the carrier will waive all fees. If you are shipping something that is time sensitive leave yourself plenty of transit time, especially if it’s a cross country LTL freight haul.
Here are some additional ways to insure timely arrival of your LTL freight:
- Book your shipment at least one day before pick up. We can book pick-ups for the same day, but when it’s a time sensitive LTL freight shipment, its safest not to count on last a minute pick-up.
- Give yourself one day of wiggle room. If the carrier quotes a 4 day transit assume it will take 5 days to deliver your LTL freight. These transit times are generally accurate, but again if your LTL freight shipment is time sensitive its best to assume the worst.
- Of course, guarantee it. A carrier will do everything in their power to avoid working for free! And we will work to get you the lowest guaranteed LTL freight rates we can. When you are getting an LTL freight quote from a specialist just ask about guaranteed service!